All wounds should be monitored carefully for any signs of infection. If there is undue inflammation, redness, or any purulent drainage, appropriate treatment should be started. Classic or secondary signs of infection include: redness, heat, pain, swelling, odour, fragile granulation tissue and deterioration of the wound.
Reduction of bacterial load, adsorption of odour and managing exudate.
- Choose primary and secondary dressings in accordance with wound exudate level
- In the presence of odour and infection use activated charcoal with silver
Let’s HealTM solution:
- SILVERCEL™ NON-ADHERENT Hydro-Alginate Antimicrobial Dressing
- SILVERCEL™ Hydro-Alginate Antimicrobial Dressing
- ACTISORB™ Activated Charcoal Dressing with Silver
- INADINE™ PVP-I Non-Adherent Dressing
C1782 Feb 2014
PRB code 3454